GET TO KNOW COACH SCOTT!
– I share the same birthplace as SPAM, Austin, MN; however, I’ve never cared for the sound of it sliding out of the can. That ain’t right! I’m a huge fan of TV game shows and contests of trivial knowledge — 6-time champion of The Taphouse Trivia Night.
– In high school, my nickname was Hump. It was so common, even teachers called me Hump. I once rapped a song about our teachers at a high school pep fest. So, I made Hump popular in rap music before Digital Undergroud (yes, I’m THAT old).
– Vikings are my team, have been since before I could spell Tarkenton. I’ve grown accustomed to having the rug pulled out from underneath me!
– I have a BS in Computer Science and have worked for IBM for 25 years.
– I coached traveling soccer for 18 years. Spring/Summer of 2016 was my first summer not coaching since I started and I knew I was missing something, so I asked Dave and Allie if they ever needed volunteers to help out with the kids & teens classes and they were kind enough to let me participate. That same year in October I thought I should improve my knowledge and coaching skill, so I got my CFL1 Certificate. In January 2018 I completed a 4 month on-line training program with Precision Nutrition and have now added a Level 1 Certificate in Exercise Nutrition to my coaching credentials.
– The biggest kick I get out of coaching is the look on an athlete’s face when they have achieved something they’ve never done before! I’m so proud to be part of the Credence family and am super excited about the opportunity I have here to help people of every age to move, eat, and live better!
Coach Scott’s degrees and certifications
- B.S. in Computer Science
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Certified in Exercise Nutrition
- CrossFit Kids Certified
- IBM Consultant